Thursday, July 9, 2009
Taking a stand
I haven't posted in a while but felt I needed to get this out. A week ago we were watching tv when the latest Carl's Jr. commercial came on. It was horrible. It sent McCabe and I searching for the remote and changing the channel. The next day I kept having this quote come into my mind, "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." Pres. Hinckley. It was then that I decided I needed to take a stand and wrote Carl's Jr. and e-mail stating that I would not be eating at Carl's Jr. ever again and would encourage my family and friends to not support them as well. So, this is my plea....please don't support Carl's Jr. Honestly, the commercial was THAT bad. It was horrible. I was embarrassed that it had come into my home via tv. It made me mad. It made me sick. If you haven't seen it yet, don't go looking for it. If you're feeling so inclined, send an e-mail to Carl's Jr. as well. Thanks for listening. This was just one of those things I felt I needed to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am totally with you!! I haven't seen this new commercial, but there have been a few Carl's Junior commercials in the past that I thought were totally inappropriate! We never eat there because of it. It's just disturbing what they can get away with in advertising these days. If you can find a decent show to watch on tv (which is really hard), you still don't want to watch it because the commercials are horrible! I'm totally lame but most of the shows we like are on PBS! :) Good for you though, on taking a stand.
I had forgotten about that until I saw this post and went directly to their website to complain as well. It's amazing how blatantly evil things are becoming. I remember when we weren't allowed to watch step-by-step on TGIF Friday nights because it was inappropriate and I saw a blip on an old station the other day and it was NOTHING compared to what is no now!!! Thanks for posting this so I could be reminded to do something about it as well! Sure do love having you as a friend- if only through the blogosphere nowadays!:)
I haven't seen the commercial and it looks like I'm lucky!! Wait...maybe I have...Audrina from The Hills? If that's it then I know exactly what you're talking about. Anyway... the recipe is on my recipe blog here's the link to the truffles. http://neauxyzrecipes.blogspot.com/2009/04/oreo-truffles.html
We are at Cherry Hill so much so hopefully we will see you guys!!
Thank you! I agree, I hate that awful commercial! We wont be eating there ever again! I hate just sitting there enjoying TV at night and all of a sudden this horrible commercial comes on and you have to search for the remote while avoiding the TV!
Good for you!
Post a Comment