It's been kind of a crazy few days with Connor. Friday afternoon he started screaming and had a fever. By the time I took him to the doctor, he was 104 and still screaming. The doctor said that he thought Connor had an ear infection but if the screaming didn't stop and the fever didn't go down to take him to Primary Children's ER. He calmed down, the fever went down, we had a long night. Saturday, he was really fussy and at 8 pm started screaming again. After a good few solid hours of screaming, we took him in to Primary's. They thought he may have meningitis so they ran a bunch of tests including blood work (which they had to start an IV twice!). They also had to irrigate his ears to see how they looked. Let's just say it wasn't even close to being a fun night. We got home around 5 am. They still think it's "just an ear infection" and that Connor really needs tubes (this is like his 5th ear infection in 10 months)!!! So, if any knows of a really good ENT, please let me know! He's feeling SO much better!!!!!
As for Courtney, she has decided that she doesn't need McCabe or I with her when she goes to our neighborhood park. What this means: if anyone knows of a good way to keep her from getting out, I would really appreciate any advice!!! She is very sneaky, very quiet and very fast!
7 comments:
I can't remember our ENT at primary children's but we haven't had a problem since we got micah tubes (10 infections in 5 months was his record)
we had to put chains on the outside doors or deadbolts with keys to keep ryan from sneaking outside....
I feel your pain.
Mandy - this is Wendy Smith - Dr. Skedros over in Layton is good, I grew up with him.
My husband just got his tonsils out by Dr. Richards at Tanner Clinic in Layton. He was really good!!
Use the door knob plastic covers that you can buy for pretty inexpensive at Wal-mart. They work great because they can't squeeze the plastic hard enough to open the door until they are like 5 or 6 years old. Good luck with everything.
Jana
Poor Connor!! That's just so sad! (and rough on everyone!)...I don't know any ENT's, but I do know that my cousin's kids had to have tubes & it made a world of difference, so hopefully it will for Connor, too. (He's such a happy, smiley guy--you know if he's crying something's definitely wrong!!)
--As for keeping track of Courtney...sneaky kids, unless they're on a Leash are near impossible to stop from sneaking off!--My kids have both gone through phases of always sneaking off in the store :S --At least you know where to look first for her.
--They do make child GPS's...I don't know how spendy they are--or you could head over to Home Depo for some ultra childproofing equipment :)
--Hope you guys are doing good; glad Connor's feeling better!
PS--the children's museum was fun, I'm excited for the pumpkin patch!
Hey Mandy! I'm glad you found my blog! It's fun to catch up and see what's going on in your life! Your kids are adorable! Life is crazy for me, as I'm sure it is for you! If you need a good ENT, I know Dr. Riddle and Dr. Parsons in AF or Provo are great with kids, but that is probably too far away for you! Just a suggestion!
I know you already had it done, but in case you want a new one in the future...
We used Dr. Scheuller at McKay Dee to have Ken's tubes put in. I had worked with him a lot on the ICU so I knew he was good. We loved him!
Post a Comment