Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The signs and symptoms

We're still recovering from the swine flu. I am feeling a ton better and so is Courtney. McCabe and Connor are still pretty sick though. Here's what some of our symptoms have been (just so you know!)
-Fever (Courtney had a fever for 4 days straight. It wouldn't drop and was between 101-103 the whole time. Connor's fever has been really weird. He will be 102 and then not have a fever for a few days and then have a fever again.)
-Body Aches (really really bad)
-No appetite (it's a great weight loss program! We literally had to force ourselves and our kids to eat)
-No energy (we laid around for 90% of the day)
-Just when you thought you were feeling better, it would come back and hit you even harder than before.
-Cough (Connor sounds terrible, I took him into the Doctor today because of how bad he sounds. They did say to try giving him 1 ml of Benadryl to help his runny nose but that's it)
-Runny Nose
-Sneezing
-Connor's eyes were really goopy and he has had a rash on his back. My Dad told me that the rash and fever combo are really bad to have so we are keeping a close eye on him still.

Like I said earlier, if your kids are under 5 they don't suggest they take the Tamiflu since it makes them throw up and have diarreah (my kids didn't have the Tamiflu but did have diarreah with it anyways) There's really nothing they can do besides say, "Yes, you are H1N1 positive." So, that's frustrating. If you do have a chance, I would probably suggest getting the Swine flu shot for your kids under 5. It's scary to see them with fevers so high and laying around for days. Connor's cough is enough to scare you too so, yes, I would suggest the vaccine. I have also heard that taking airborne 3 times a week and taking a good vitamin every day will really help more than a vaccine. Good luck if any of you get it! If you have any questions, let me know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you and Courtney are feeling better...I Really hope Conner & McKabe get better soon!--that's so scary...thanks for posting the useful info!...I'm pretty paranoid about swine flu (especially since Austin has asthma), so I'll be taking the kids in for vacc's. --Feel better & let us know if you need anything!

Adrienne said...

thanks

Staci said...

Oh I'm so sorry you guys have been so sick! I have been out of the blogosphere for a while... Thanks for posting cuz I have been debating about the vaccine. We're going to the doc this week so I will for sure get it for the kids. Poor babies!:( Hope you all are on your feet and 100% again soon.

Danielle said...

I'm so sorry Mand... I had a it a a few months ago... I was miserable. Sorry you had it and that you had to watch your kids have it... Hope you all feel much better soon!