WARNING: This is quite a long post, sorry! And don't worry about the orange sterilization stuff on Courtney, it will come off.
Courtney had another treatment yesterday for her lymphatic malformation. It was down at Primary Children's. McCabe and I both dread these treatments. They are never fun. We got down there around 8 and they did an ultrasound to see how the growths were looking. There are two left. They are small but Dr. Rampton still thought it would be a good idea to treat them (and so did we) so they don't grow anymore. He also gave us an option to use a new antibiotic derivative to inject into them (it starts with a B but I can't remember the name of it). Dr. Rampton is very optimistic that this will be her last treatment (because of the new medicine)!!!! That was very good news to hear. Let's hope it works.
She did pretty well, although the girl is one tough fighter. She did not want to be sedated and so they had to give her lots of medication to help her be sedated. It's not fun to watch her be sedated. They have McCabe and I take her into the OR and McCabe held her as they gave her the medicine. He then has to lay her down on the operating table (that by far is the worst part of it all). She always looks up at us like, "Why are you doing this to me?" Also, while we were walking down the hall to the OR, she kept saying, "Why? Why? Why?" It's not fun. Anyway. The treatment only took about 45 minutes, most of the time was spent waiting for her to finally fall asleep. The doctors and nurses were all in there waiting for Courtney! We were able to come home around 1 pm. She was quite tired and out of it for most of the day and actually slept pretty well last night.
Although we don't love these treatments, it's nice to see that they are working and, if you've ever been to Primary Children's, you realize how blessed you are to have a daughter that only has lymphatic malformations. The kids in that hospital are absolutely incredible. Everyone of them. They are all dealing with tough things and yet are so happy. It's quite a humbling experience. Thanks for reading all of this, sorry it is so long! Oh...one more thing. A HUGE THANK YOU to Carol Ann and my Mom for taking such great care of Connor all day!!! I really appreciated it and am so glad that he was good for both of you! Thanks so much!
10 comments:
Good luck recovering. She looks so cute in the second picture- almost like she wants to smile.
Oh it's awful having to do that kind of stuff. I hope she feels better soon.
That is just heart-wrenching!!..It's hard enough just to take my kids to the Dr. for things like immunizations!..And yes, I can imagine it would be quite a trial to sedate a 2-Yr-Old!! - I'm so happy that her treatments are working & really do hope this will be the last one!--that is good news!...Hope Courtney's feeling well!
Oh sad... I can't believe she asks why. That's heartbreaking. I'm glad it's working though.
Court-
You poor little thing. You are alot tougher than most 2 year olds. We love you and pray for your quick recovery daily.
My gosh what a strong little girl! And what strong parents, I can't image the pain you must feel for little Courtney! We'll be praying for her recovery!
Hey Mandy, it is way nice to see your blog. Thanks for the compliments, and we are way excited. How have you and your family been?
I'm so sorry you have to go through all that with her. I'm sure it is so difficult to see her have to face that.
Oh Mandy that sounds so not fun at all. I can't handle when my kids have to get shots, I can't imagine watching them sedate her and operate, wow. So I may be a dumb, but what is a whatever it is she has??
Your kids are so dang cute, I am so glad that you commented that you have days like mine too, its good to hear other mom's have some looooong days too. ; )
Mandy! Its so good to hear and see your blog. Your two kids are beautiful! I'm so sorry about your daughter's lymphatic malformations. I have never heard of that but the whole treatment thing and having to leave her on the operating table sounds horrible. Has the new medication you mentioned been working as well as you hoped?
Post a Comment